Arc Welders for Sale

welding seabee

Good Post Points
Youall in the Puget Sound Area, I have 4 used arc welders for sale:

Miller Dial Arc, 250 amps, 1980s vintage, extra cables with all with DINSE connectors, manual, slag hammer, wire brush. Sell as is for $300.00, after cleaning and adjusting $400.00 This is a production/serious user unit.
MIller AC Tthunderbolt, 230 amp, cleaned and adjusted, manual, slag hammer, wire brush
Century 110-110, 230 amp, cleaned and adjusted, manual; Lincoln bought out Century and provides limited part support, Sell for $125.00
Buzz Arc, 200 amp, cleaned and checked out, slag hammer, wire brush; this a perfect learner unit, no longer in business, Sell for $80.00

Also have a lot of Oxy/Acet equipment. Can put together complete sets full including cylinders.

Call to discuss and get directions. 206 605 3940, located in Port Orchard

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I have one of the Miller Dial Arc 250 amp AC/DC machines and it is an awesome welder. I think I paid $350 as is with some old cracked up welding leads . It has always welded fine though. I would be interested in what needs to be done to clean and adjust it.

welding seabee

Good Post Points
I have one of the Miller Dial Arc 250 amp AC/DC machines and it is an awesome welder. I think I paid $350 as is with some old cracked up welding leads . It has always welded fine though. I would be interested in what needs to be done to clean and adjust it.
Gary, I don't know yet. As soon as I get done with the Craftsman buzz box 230 amp I am currently prepping for Sale. They have a slide mechanism for adjusting the amps which needed some TLC, cleaning, and lube. This one had no leads when I got it; the tapered plugs are not made any more so I retrofitted it with panel mount Dinse connectors and made up 15' leads from #5 cable I had on hand. Needs new screws for the cabinet. I paid $25 for it and can now advertise for $125. Should be done today for CL tomorrow.

The250 is next Let you know once I open it up. I don't need it so it will go up for sale. Only paid $200 for it.

Whenever I put something up for sale I clean the interior, check the fan and all the electrical connections and moving parts, repair if needed, then make sure it works. If I cannot see profit of at least 50% I do not buy it. Most projects make 100% or more. I bought $300 worth of TIG filler rods for $10 and sold for $225. I just bought, at an on-line auction, 8 welding cylinders of various sizes for $150. Most retail empty for up to $300. I put together O/A sets from various parts and some new like tips and get $4-5 hundred for them. Common at auctions and garage sales is units that the adjusting mechanism is froze up so they go cheap as nobody wants to mess with them.

Old age sideline so no hurry in making sales.

Ron

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I could go for some of those cheap auction bottles. Around here they all want $300 for used ones which I can buy at LWS for same price.

welding seabee

Good Post Points
COVID slowed down the selling process. Just had neck spinal surgery a few months ago. Kept me down but getting back in the groove. So I am now back on the site.
Sold all those welders except the Miller Dial-Arc. It may be an albatross. Need to start clearing out some O/A sets. Have enough + to make up 3 sets. Buying at auctions and garage sales mostly. Sell mostly on Craigs List. Once and awhile I get a sleeper on CL to buy. Mostly stuff there is over priced to make anything on resale..

Ron

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
COVID slowed down the selling process. Just had neck spinal surgery a few months ago. Kept me down but getting back in the groove. So I am now back on the site.
Sold all those welders except the Miller Dial-Arc. It may be an albatross. Need to start clearing out some O/A sets. Have enough + to make up 3 sets. Buying at auctions and garage sales mostly. Sell mostly on Craigs List. Once and awhile I get a sleeper on CL to buy. Mostly stuff there is over priced to make anything on resale..

Ron
Garages sales are mostly still OK but on line folks are asking too much generally.
Must be a Covid thing.
In many cases I see full retail or more for used.
Many bought on sale (on impulse) and now ask the inflated retail pre sale price.

California

Good Post Points
Garages sales are mostly still OK but on line folks are asking too much generally.
Must be a Covid thing.
In many cases I see full retail or more for used.
Many bought on sale (on impulse) and now ask the inflated retail pre sale price.
I think the supply chain shortages are also driving up the price of used gear. When someone needs to get some work done and what was available last year doesn't exist this year, they will go to CL and buy something used, local, that will do the job. Sellers see other's prices increasing, and follow on.

Example: the HF Titanium Flux now says online None In Stores, order now for next June arrival. I saw that and instead bought something comparable on Amazon when it got marked down to $60 less than the HF. (Plus the $30 four year warranty that Amazon lists alongside the Add to Cart!). Amico 130A Flux Dual Voltage. I like it.

welding seabee

Good Post Points
I could go for some of those cheap auction bottles. Around here they all want $300 for used ones which I can buy at LWS for same price.
Gary, missed this one back then. I doubt you can afford the freight even if it got to you, still have several. Guy was looking for an Argon cylinder. Traded an O2 at the LWS filled. Got my money back on that sale. The rest are gravy. I make more selling sets than the individual pieces, plus one sale instead of maybe 10. Need any silver solder? I have both 15% and 45%. They were in a box of stuff at a garage sale. Bunch of refrigeration stuff I wanted.