Screwdriver set

MarineScott

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart Handler 140
I have been looking at the 12 pc Sunex screwdriver set to replace my mismatched screwdrivers. Lowe's wants $77.15, and Home Depot wants $43.68,. That is a $33.47 difference. Amazing how companies price items.

California

Good Post Points
I have been looking at the 12 pc Sunex screwdriver set to replace my mismatched screwdrivers. Lowe's wants $77.15, and Home Depot wants $43.68,. That is a $33.47 difference. Amazing how companies price items.
That's a great price, lower than the guys on Ebay who don't need a showroom. Amazon is $62.59.

A-one

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Pro Mig 180
Lowes didn't buy as many, so their price isn't so great. Or they're too greedy to lower their price. I would vote for greed. Lowes will list several brands of the same product on the website, but my local store will only have the more expensive option in stock. Then again, I know nothing.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
Lowes didn't buy as many, so their price isn't so great. Or they're too greedy to lower their price. I would vote for greed. Lowes will list several brands of the same product on the website, but my local store will only have the more expensive option in stock. Then again, I know nothing.

If you asked they'd claim they needed more to cover their higher overheads and claim less profit.

Was in sales 'back when' and a big chain demanded better discounts to cover their overheads and they wanted to sell lower than the small guys.
Those biggies were the ones with VP's of everything and daily power lunches at the member's only clubs.
Look where they all are today.
Other than Wallymart*, few remain.

PS, I replied, same discounts as everybody else.

*Wallymart, I heard, the buyers used plastic lawn chairs for the guest sales reps and that in cubbyhole offices.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Once I find something I am interested in, I search by item number and description, then check all the pricing, and delivery charges. You will definitely find a wide variety of pricing.

A-one

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Pro Mig 180
The internet has changed the business model. A Google search will give you a wide range of products with a wide range of prices. I think it's a good thing. There's no telling how much shopping would cost if it wasn't for all of the competition.