tig gas

A-one

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Pro Mig 180
I haven't gotten that far yet. Got an inverter stick machine that has a switch for TIG. Haven't gotten around to getting argon or a regulator though. I figure it would be a little difficult for me.

SidecarFlip

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart Handler 210, Lincoln Square Wave TIG, Vulcan 205 stand alone TIG, Hyper Therm CIC Plasma cutter, Titanium 45 amp Plasma Cutter, Lincoln Ranger gas driven ac/dc welder, Harris oxy-acetelyne cutting torch and welding torch, varuous owned shielding gas bottles and a bunch of other stuff....
Late to the game... Always 100% argon for any procedure and I suggest a Yeswelder bubble gage regulator. They are graduated in SCFM and cheap on Amazon.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
TIG is always 100% argon. MIG can let you experiment with different gas mixtures depending on the wire that you are using and the quality of welds that you can accept. As for back purge gas on stainless, Nitrogen can be used instead of pure argon if you want cheaper option. It is a bit harder to purge all the air out due to it not being as heavy as argon, but it will work well once you displace all the O2.

SidecarFlip

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart Handler 210, Lincoln Square Wave TIG, Vulcan 205 stand alone TIG, Hyper Therm CIC Plasma cutter, Titanium 45 amp Plasma Cutter, Lincoln Ranger gas driven ac/dc welder, Harris oxy-acetelyne cutting torch and welding torch, varuous owned shielding gas bottles and a bunch of other stuff....
I only run 75-25 on MIG solid wire. No exceptions unless it's flux core which I never use.