Anyone Fab up a quick hitch?

ScrapFab

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Tig, Stick, Mig, and Plasma cutter
I'm looking for ideas to convert my Massey bucket from pin connection to a skid steer style quick hitch. I restored the beauty a few years ago and use it daily on my acreage.20180817_203054.jpg

• Good Post
Reactions: MC
Good Post Points
Welder
Eastwood mig 250
I've found the kits online for covering to the ssqa or bobcat quick attach setup. All 3 of my tractor have it now and wouldn't ever go back. I bought one of those cheaper kits online the second time and it's disappointing but if you know how to make it work for you if can turn it pretty well. The plates to put on your implement are easy to find. I bought 2 and then just started making my own... The kit for the tractor may need some square stock for a spacer I'm not sure. And I just cut out the pin section of the bucket so you keep all the pins on, wild on the brackets and put a plate on the bucket and you're ready to rock. It was way easier than I thought...

Randallc

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Thunderbolt 225 and HF 125 wire welder
Nice looking Massey. I chose to go with the John Deere pin type for my International 424. Made up a grapple, small sheer, modified a hay spear. Much better than fighting the pins and much quicker. Made a small mistake in my bucket tilt, but I can live with it.,

SIO

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Idealarc
Easiest way would be to buy the quick attach adapters and build a mount to fit your machine. That tractor is definitely out of the ordinary with the dump cylinders being on the outside of the arms like that. Should still be doable though. I've built adapters for a couple of machines using these, https://hayspear.com/skid-steer-latch-box-set-make-your-skid-steer-hitch-adapter/ . Well made, heavy duty adapters. Not cheap, and I could have just built the entire adapter myself, but it was a time thing. You can get much cheaper ones on Ebay, like this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Weld-...235875?hash=item3d9b672f63:g:7E4AAOSwWk1eH9Xg and really, those would probably work fine for a tractor that size. My wheel loader that I built a QA for can lift around 4500 lbs. so it needed something considerably stronger than what you'll need. I built one for my old Kubota L35 using a set from ebay and it worked fine for years. IMG_20200130_134324.jpgIMG_20200304_114415.jpgIMG_20200202_174020.jpg

ScrapFab

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Tig, Stick, Mig, and Plasma cutter
Easiest way would be to buy the quick attach adapters and build a mount to fit your machine. That tractor is definitely out of the ordinary with the dump cylinders being on the outside of the arms like that. Should still be doable though. I've built adapters for a couple of machines using these, https://hayspear.com/skid-steer-latch-box-set-make-your-skid-steer-hitch-adapter/ . Well made, heavy duty adapters. Not cheap, and I could have just built the entire adapter myself, but it was a time thing. You can get much cheaper ones on Ebay, like this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Weld-...235875?hash=item3d9b672f63:g:7E4AAOSwWk1eH9Xg and really, those would probably work fine for a tractor that size. My wheel loader that I built a QA for can lift around 4500 lbs. so it needed something considerably stronger than what you'll need. I built one for my old Kubota L35 using a set from ebay and it worked fine for years. View attachment 412View attachment 413View attachment 414
Thank you so much for the links and photos. The ones on ebay are exactly what I was looking for. I can get the plate that attaches to the bucket locally but the plates to mount to the tractor are harder to find. Thanks again. And that's some purty welding.

• Good Post
Reactions: SIO