Lincoln Welder Owner Check-In

Chanceywd

Good Post Points
Please list parts and how. Thanks in advance
I bought my first lincoln 225 new in the early 70's for $88 on sale at what was know as Central Tractor, Before TSC moved in to replace them. It was somewhere around Binghamton or Vestal NY. I moved to a smaller house and traded it to a mechanic friend for a bunch of hand tools. Missed having it and bought another in the 90's I still have. Thinking about doing the dc conversion but mostly mig now with 210 iron man, the older 210 with the wheels.

Bill

Harp 031

Good Post Points
Welder
3 millers, 5 Lincoln, liquid air, victor,. stick, tig ,wire.
3 red 6 blue not all working and some 3ph that need new home! and lots of other flotsam and jetsam.

corvairbob

Good Post Points
do you have a parts list and wire diagram? my guess at first is the ground clamp wire to the neg side of the bridge and the stinger cable to the pos side of the bridge and then ground out and stinger out. i guess one could get a large dpdt knife type switch to make it revisable. but having a part number for the bridge and how the wires actually connect to the bridge will save me a bit of testing. thanks

Lowensenf

Good Post Points
Welder
Old Lincoln Stick

Lowensenf

Good Post Points
Welder
Old Lincoln Stick
do you have a parts list and wire diagram? my guess at first is the ground clamp wire to the neg side of the bridge and the stinger cable to the pos side of the bridge and then ground out and stinger out. i guess one could get a large dpdt knife type switch to make it revisable. but having a part number for the bridge and how the wires actually connect to the bridge will save me a bit of testing. thanks

1/2-Inch Hole Rubber Electrical Grommets!

Welding Cable Panel Connector Socket Set Quick Fitting Dinse-Style 200Amp

Lowensenf

Good Post Points
Welder
Old Lincoln Stick

Don_

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 187, Primeweld AC-DC TIG Stick, Powermax45, Lincoln 225
That was several years ago,
I purchased the items on Amazon. You might be able to find reviews of others who have done the conversion.
I will try searching and post if I'm able to come up with any helpful information.
Don

Don_

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 187, Primeweld AC-DC TIG Stick, Powermax45, Lincoln 225
That was an easy search, Amazon has about anything a person could ever need. LOL!!

This is similar to the one I bought, It's not the lowest priced one due to the amperage.
This one is a bit higher.
There are several reviews which could be helpful.

Don