Miller Diversion 180 reviews?

Lennyzx11

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart MVP210, Hobart Stickmate LX. Lincoln Tombstone AC/DC
I’d like to learn to Tig weld. I’ve found a Diversion 180 with everything that appears to have been taken care of for 1500.

It appears to be a good deal and most reviews show it to be a good model.

You guys think it’s probably worth the asking price if it works as intended?

Thanks,
Lenny

Dirt Guy

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller 211, miller 135, Eastwood tig 200, Lincoln Weldenpower Engine driven Arc Welder,
Lenny, Check out the Eastwood Tig 200. I have one and it is a great machine, just basic but Tig Welds great. New they are around 800.00. Good warranty, good company to do business with. Diversion 180 is a good machine however the preflow and postflow of your argon gas is set by the machine. The Eastwood Tig 200 is set by the operator. I think it is a better way to go. You can set it anyway you like, saves your argon gas. Eastwood.com is their web site.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
$1800 for a machine just to TIG with is way too much especially for just 180 amps. Lots of good inverter machines that come with the TIG torch, ground clamp, electrode holder (they stick weld also) and flowmeter. All you have to add is TIG wire and Argon gas. You can even get them that do MIG, FCAW, stick and TIG for less that what you were pricing that Miller for.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
This is the machine I would get if I had a budget of 1800 bucks. You can get the machine and the argon bottle, a good supply of tungsten and accessories, plus some MIG wire and still have money left over. Cant get the link to load but just google Eastwood.com for it.

eastwood-mp250i-multi-process-250-amp-welder

Dirt Guy

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller 211, miller 135, Eastwood tig 200, Lincoln Weldenpower Engine driven Arc Welder,
Lenny, looked this afternoon at Eastwood, Tig 200 is 749.99 , Has everything you need to get started. Just need to get an argon tank at your local welding supply. I use the 80 cfh tanks as they are easy to carry around and last quite a while, if you set your gas flows right. I Tig weld a lot of 16 gauge cold rolled steel and it works great for me.

Lennyzx11

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart MVP210, Hobart Stickmate LX. Lincoln Tombstone AC/DC
I’ll look at that.
I already have a small bottle of straight argon with my Hobart MVP210 mig for aluminum. I also have a hypertherm air30 plasma cutter.
I want to keep the capability to use 110 but still have a quality machine is my end goal.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
I was never a Diversion fan. Non adjustable for the important things. No Pulse, Can't remove the torch, Only 180 amps. Seemed like a Diversion from a real tig machine. I think It was only $1600 new 8 years ago.