Millermatic 200 vs Hobart handler mvp210

Lennyzx11

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart MVP210, Hobart Stickmate LX. Lincoln Tombstone AC/DC
I’ll have a few me year old Hobart MVP210 that has been flawless.

I’ve been offered a Miller matic 200 without the tig torch or pedal for 1200. It has been taken care of and home hobbyist kind of use.

Is this a decent upgrade from my Hobart and selling my welder?

I have sold both my stick welders. The Hobart mig and a Hypertherm plasma is all I have now and I want to get into Tig with the ability to Tig aluminum.

Last edited:

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Well the TIG torch can be bought for around $70-100 depending on the model, a flow meter I bought online was $30 and it works well. I think the foot pedal controls are around 100-150 so you can go from there and price a new model that comes with everything .

Dirt Guy

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller 211, miller 135, Eastwood tig 200, Lincoln Weldenpower Engine driven Arc Welder,
You Guys, Take a look at the Eastwood Tig 200. Great welder, Had mine over 5 years now , I went with all the upgrades they had to offer. Cart, Flow meter, Upgraded foot pedal, still around 1100 dollars all said and done. I am more of a Miller fan , but I thought I would try the Tig 200. Proved to be a great welder at a price guys can afford. It will do steel, stainless , alum. and you can stick weld with it, ac and dc both. Duty cycle is not the greatest but for the most guys it"s ok.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I was looking at an Eastwood MIG 175 with spool gun for $549 (good price) but when I saw the weight, I had to pass. Weight was listed at 89 pounds. I would have needed some help just to get it out of the box and onto my cart. I went instead with an inverter machine from HF the Titanium 170 at 21 pounds. I like it so far. Everything is heavy duty, power cord, MIG gun and ground lead. Ground clamp is a little small but works much better than the Titanium 125 which I will need to replace since the ground lugs have just about melted off. Got some ordered from HF that look substantial with copper pads and ground wire connecting the two sides for only $7.49 each so I ordered two so I have one to spare it the 170 clamp goes out.

As for a TIG machine, I went with the Everlast brand 206 SI which has 160 amp TIG, 200 Amp Stick and 50 amp Plasma cutter. The plasma cutter is awesome.

Last edited: