Quick tow hitch

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
2644C482-4F2C-4331-98D1-36D8C3F89459.jpeg75C1078D-9502-4130-9A1C-5CE4AAAFF28F.jpeg
The overhang on my little farm truck Yamaha makes getting to the 2” receiver almost impossible. I had an old 1” hitch with a lightweight 2” ball, and some scrap 3/16 wall box tubing. It’s only going to move a log splitter or an empty trailer around, so it doesn’t need to be heavy duty. Cut the angle of the hitch head on the box tubing, and drilled a hole where the hitch pin would go, put a 1/2” bolt thru it, and welded the head and bolt solid to the tubing. Perfect. A light, but long enough extended hitch with scrap materials, done in 20 minutes.
It sure is handy having room in the shop and s welder at hand.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Now put one on the front also. Really handy there when moving a trailer around in tight quarters.

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
View attachment 1189View attachment 1190
The overhang on my little farm truck Yamaha makes getting to the 2” receiver almost impossible. I had an old 1” hitch with a lightweight 2” ball, and some scrap 3/16 wall box tubing. It’s only going to move a log splitter or an empty trailer around, so it doesn’t need to be heavy duty. Cut the angle of the hitch head on the box tubing, and drilled a hole where the hitch pin would go, put a 1/2” bolt thru it, and welded the head and bolt solid to the tubing. Perfect. A light, but long enough extended hitch with scrap materials, done in 20 minutes.
It sure is handy having room in the shop and s welder at hand.
You better rig up a flag stand on that hitch ball to warn of knee knocker situation. I can guarantee that you will hit that several times before your knees get so sore that you remember it is sticking out so far. Even worse, the wife hits it and you will catch hell for that then.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
I usually back it in to park, but unless I’m going to tow, I will only leave a receptacle with a D ring in place. It could certainly be a shin knocker otherwise.

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Now put one on the front also. Really handy there when moving a trailer around in tight quarters.
While cleaning up one side of the shop, installing a pair of heavy duty metal cabinets, I found two tow hitch receivers. One has no plate under it, so I think I can slide it into the slot under the new winch......... something to play with next week.C91F8BB8-8327-41AD-9622-E83A0ED0644D.png