Scams on HF welders?

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Just came across two "companies" that are supposedly selling Titanium 170 Mig machines (HF). One (INFINE) is listing one for $98 the other one OBOLDO same thing. I know that has got to be a scam of some type since this machine list for over $500 at Harbor Freight and similar machines of off brand Chinese are at least $350. Just want everyone to be aware. Too good to be true most likely is.

A-one

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Pro Mig 180
Yeah, there are a lot of sites popping up listing high dollar items a LOT cheaper than the lowest price you've ever found. If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

California

Good Post Points
I just encountered something similar. An Ebay vendor in China apparently drop-ships internal parts from used laser printers. Similar to a car junkyard.

I have three 2004 HP-1300 laser printers that will run forever with occasionally putting in a $10 paper feed wheel (they get slippery) or $5 separator pad (prevents loading double sheets), which is the recommended 50,000 sheet maintenance. In light household use this is needed at maybe 7 year intervals. Like car tires, just maintenance to keep the unit in use.

But finally one went stone dead. I found a power supply board for $22 from the Ebay vendor I mentioned. He listed two. I soon got a Shipped notice with tracking number for the board and another notice/number for a pair of gloves. (???!!!) The gloves have landed in the US timely. He doubled the asking price on his second board that was still listed.

The board still shows Shipped, but no progress. (Picked up by the transport service etc).

Then he offered me a refund because no boards available. And he ended the Ebay auction. Ebay refunded what I paid.

Strange times!