welding question

corvairbob

Good Post Points
i'm building a toilet seat automatic lifting unit and the main part is a stainless 3/8" rod in 304 stainless. the parts i need to fasted to this are the chrome toile seat hinges, i not 100% sure what the material is but i'm leaning on zink alloy. or what some may call pot metal. but some of you guys here may have a better idea what that type of material is.

anyway i was going to try and use jb weld epoxy but the gap is so small i may not be able to get that stuff into the gap to do any good. i may be able to drill these out a bit more but if you have an idea of what they look like you know they do not have much material to work with.

i have a torch so maybe i can weld them up with some allow material? but i have no clue what will work for zink alloy and stainless is easy enough. so here is 3 photos one show the gap and it is not much and two shows the material i'm working with. so i have a torch and a propane torch and a buzz box but i'm guessing the buzz box is out of the picture for this. thanks

20230307_142355.jpg

20230307_142234.jpg
0d841ab62b49a516f49017167cb89c81.jpg