3 point hitch winch project

Bigworm

Good Post Points
Welder
Mig
I have an old 8k Warn winch that I would like to make a mount to go on my tractors 3pt hitch. I was thinking about making a single point mount to mount in my 3pt receiver hitch but I'm not sure if I like the single point or if I want two connecting points to help with side to side torque. still looking at option so any suggestions or experience would be appreciated.

dave_dj1

Good Post Points
Depends on what you plan on hauling with it. I would think the receiver you have on your 3 pt should work fine. Remember that electric winches are built for intermittent service.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
I have an old 8k Warn winch that I would like to make a mount to go on my tractors 3pt hitch. I was thinking about making a single point mount to mount in my 3pt receiver hitch but I'm not sure if I like the single point or if I want two connecting points to help with side to side torque. still looking at option so any suggestions or experience would be appreciated.

My 3 pt has a trailer 2inch 'tube' for hitches so I simply welded a suitable plate to mount my winch whenever I need it.
I also have a HD Anderson connector on the tractor so I simply plug the winch Anderson in and good to go.
Also my winch control uses standard extension type wire so I can add any length I need when walking a winch load of logs.
To clarify my rear ballast weight incorporates a hitch receiver tube.