Any Hobart Welder Owners?

mattvancamp

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart Model AD 364, Millermatic 35, Chicago Electric 90, Eastwood Versacut 60 Plasma Cutter
Hobart Model AD 364 I use this for all my heavy welding.

joedaddy

Good Post Points
If it was me, I'd go for the 210MVP. You can always turn down the amperage on a larger machine but with the smaller machine your limited to 140 amps.

welder57

Good Post Points
Welder
Holbart Fabricator, Miller Thunderbolt and Hypertherm 45 Plasma
Hobart Fabricator 230, welds like a dream with .035 wire and gas Argon/Co2 mix. Love the multi-settings.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
Somebody told me to add this section so I'm thinking there should be at least a few Hobart guys here.

Add me to the Hobart users list.
Have had mine for over 20 years and burned a lot of rods with it.
Also have seen a few Hobarts rebranded under popular consumer names.

Bruce S

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart Handler 180
My wife bought a Handler 180 some years ago since she trained as a millwright/welder but because the fumes really bothered her lungs she gave it up. There have been numerous times I needed something welded and had to have someone else do it so now that I have more spare time I thought I should make some use of tool. I'll bet our welder doesn't have more than a couple of running hours on it.

bplayer405

Good Post Points
Just picked up a Hobart Handler 190. Been waiting to pull the trigger on one and found a local deal on a new one I couldn't refuse. Can't wait to get it set up!

Lennyzx11

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart MVP210, Hobart Stickmate LX. Lincoln Tombstone AC/DC
MVP210 here. Flawless operation.

I have the spoolgun 100 attachment with some argon and did some aluminum sheet for the first time and it turned out really good. (Not good enough to show you guys pics though). Gotta be quick on laying those beads though! No slow and steady wins the race there.

Hobart Stickmate LX265 AC/DC.
Newer acquisition but seems okay. I use the MVP for everything so little use so far.

Tombstone Lincoln AC/DC
haven’t used in years. No reason. Other than buried in a corner of the shop and the MVP is out in the open ready to go.

bplayer405

Good Post Points
Took the opportunity to mess around with my Handler 190. I've been fighting with a cheap 110v welder for a few weeks and it just won't weld consistently. Absolutely no issues from my 190 though. Added a "hose lift" to the back of my bed frame cart and am finally getting welds like I should be getting. Not perfect by any means, but way easier to achieve something at least better. Still have to get used to a welder that welds like its supposed to.20200515_204530.jpg20200515_205723.jpg

jonathanstarr

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart EZ-TIG 165i; old no branded 200A stick welder
Just bought a Hobart EZ-TIG 165i. Seems a very nice addition at a good price point for a quality machine. It makes us able to repair and build any light metal without too many decision points. So far it's handled everything we tried on it very well.

sonny580

Good Post Points
I did have an old 200 amp engine drive that also had a 15 hp electric motor wound inside and was 440-3- phase . we ran it with direct connected 39 chevy 216 truck engine ans transmission with a governor from an Oliver 70 tractor. Welded for many years with it.

kenmbz

Good Post Points
Welder
none yet
I just bought a Handler 100, can't wait to use it for light duty welding projects.