Bucket for garden tractor

poncho62

Good Post Points
I just finished this up the other day...It is a bucket for my garden tractor to moved gravel, dirt etc around the yard....some pics.

Don't mind the crappy welds

Attachments

• IMG_1064 (1).jpg
    IMG_1064 (1).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 91

MC

Administrator
Staff member
Good Post Points
Great project. How do you toggle the winch? Is that what the lever on the left side is for?

poncho62

Good Post Points
Great project. How do you toggle the winch? Is that what the lever on the left side is for?
No, that lever is for the deck lift.....There is a toggle switch on top of the dash. I have to mount it a bit better yet.

poncho62

Good Post Points
How long did it take you to put that together
Well, I started it in the fall, but it got put aside during the cold weather (non heated shop)...Got back to it a couple of weeks ago.

I had built another bucket a couple of years ago, but it was kind of hokey. This one lifts higher and holds more.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 19

Scapegoat

Good Post Points
Well, I started it in the fall, but it got put aside during the cold weather (non heated shop)...Got back to it a couple of weeks ago.

I had built another bucket a couple of years ago, but it was kind of hokey. This one lifts higher and holds more.

Looks better too. Do you counter weight or just you sitting in the seat?

Scapegoat

Good Post Points
I have 2 cinder blocks that I filled with cement, about 75# each I guess. Plus my 220#......I am trying that, if I need more, will fluid fill the tires.

Load is so low to the ground you're probably pretty safe with that ballast as long as you don't fill it with rocks and do something stupid.

Dadmoonbunny

Good Post Points
I looked at the photo series, and have a question that I just don't see an answer for. Does the winch lift the bucket, or provide the tilt for the bucket?

poncho62

Good Post Points
I looked at the photo series, and have a question that I just don't see an answer for. Does the winch lift the bucket, or provide the tilt for the bucket?
The winch lifts the bucket. The bucket tilts when realeased by that rod on the left.
IMG_1139.jpgIMG_1139.jpgIMG_1152.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2

Biggermore

Good Post Points
Looks to me like you're missing 3 hydraulic cylinders. 2 to lift and one to roll the bucket. Nice try.

Scapegoat

Good Post Points
Looks to me like you're missing 3 hydraulic cylinders. 2 to lift and one to roll the bucket. Nice try.

He called it a bucket, not a loader! Only option for cylinders would be an electric hydraulic spud and I'm thinking that would be a $1000 or more. The winch idea is pretty good for this imo

poncho62

Good Post Points
Well, I would love to have a loader. However, being retired and on a fixed income, I am not made of money.This will serve for what I need to do on my 1 acre.

Biggermore

Good Post Points
He called it a bucket, not a loader! Only option for cylinders would be an electric hydraulic spud and I'm thinking that would be a $1000 or more. The winch idea is pretty good for this imo
$240 free shipping from Amazon. Or bigger with more ports $580 from Tractor supply. My first rodeo was many years ago. If it scoops, lifts, and dumps. It's a duck.