Bucket for garden tractor

Scapegoat

Good Post Points
All I did was go to Amazon and entered
Hydraulic Power Unit (12V DC, Double Acting)
some were even cheaper.

Oh I was thinking of the cylinders as well which would add at least $100 each. I guess one could mount the hydraulic tank in the rear and have a good setup for about $600-$700 depending on how many spare parts you've got around. Not bad for a mini loader actually.

• Good Post
Reactions: MC

poncho62

Good Post Points
It is what it is guys, and I am happy with it. It cost me about $120 to build it and does what I want it to. I guess I am just too easy to please.

sonny580

Good Post Points
Great job, It will be handy around the yard. ---simple build and beats trying to push a wheelbarrow! I had considered making a loader for one of my sunstars, BUT ended up with 4 skidloaders and 3 backhoes, so that took the little loader idea out! ---NEVER know what you will run into!

Thirdroc17

Good Post Points
Sweet.

I've never created a nice looking weld in my life, but they hold. To me, that's what counts.

I haven't seen a trip bucket in years. Brings back memories from many, many, many years ago. Most people probably don't even remember that bit of technology. Kudos to you for simple that works. Complicated is not always better.

poncho62

Good Post Points
Thanks....Used it to move my compost pile around a bit today. The trip bucket doesn't want to tilt when right at the top, have to lower it some, trip it then raise. Will see how it goes with heavier stuff.Might have to move the pivot point back a bit.

propane1

Good Post Points
Thanks for the idea of the hydraulic 12 volt power units Biggermore. Ahh ha, gives me more ideas. I did know about them, because they are on most plow trucks. Just never thought of them for a loader. I didn't see what the power requirement are. Would a garden tractor run one. I built a loader years ago which is operated by a winch, with a trip bucket.

Noel

sonny580

Good Post Points
On the old snowplow trucks we ran for the township had the electric/hyd. units on them and we ended up having to put 100 amp alts. and extra batteries on the trucks to handle the draw. ---standard 35 amps. didn't cut it. Worked fine if you didnt have to use it a great lot, but cleaning corners and a lot of lifting killed batteries real fast.----It's like running your starter motor for a long time,--battery don't last long.
Other than that the units work great. I have a couple here that can run 2-way cylinders. most of them have a 1-way and one 2 way valve in them.

Paul F

Good Post Points
Nice work poncho, there's nothing better than designing and building something yourself for short money and then using it on your property to save work. (y)

poncho62

Good Post Points
Well, I found a bit of a design flaw in my build. Put some heavy rocks in the bucket and bent the bar that the lift pully sits on. Had to straighten it and add some support to it.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 6