Firewood Processor, Simple But ...

Oldtoad

Good Post Points
Welder
Looking
Have run Firewood Processor build on multiple forums, seems firewood guys are low on the social ladder, ha.
Got a 25 year old woodsplitter, a welder just did $2,000 worth of refinements, nice welds,... still splits wood.
Got a big galvanized boat trailer, had broken springs, otherwise solid, putting it back together.
Imagine a log table, a couple of roller conveyors, one 10', the other an accordian roller with a whole bunch of legs on rollers, a captive chain saw, that woodsplitter and an IBC tote or a pile of split firewood. Welding Galvanized sucks.
This youBoob video the closest to what I am thinking,

California

Good Post Points
Wow! So that's how the pro's do it.

One comment, the guy at the splitter is continually working bent over. Designing it where he could stand upright would be better for his back.

And I don't understand why the output gets carried to various different stacks. Different sizes?

Oldtoad

Good Post Points
Welder
Looking
Yes, working too low is a consistent comment.
Trying to figure the slope of the log rack, the slope from the cutting station to the wood splitter, that might be why he is so bent over, to get enough slope for gravity to serve up the butts.
Just installed new springs, a few more details to tend to before going to the welder.
Want it functional.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
Always fun until someone loses an arm.. Seems like the other style splitter with the wedge out on the end would be better. Sure glad last year was my last year to burn wood. Processed 12-15 cord yearly. Nice video just the same.