Good Post

MC

Administrator
Staff member
Good Post Points
A lot of sites have the "like" button on posts but I wanted to do something a little different.

I thought about making it a "Good Advice" or "Helpful" button but then figured maybe there would be good posts that weren't necessarily advice (for example a project that is just a picture) or helpful (say, a new member saying hello).

Have I come to the right conclusion with "Good Post" or should I revert to the standard issue "Like" button? Or something else entirely?

Last edited:

CB

Good Post Points
You've come to the right conclusion.

Set your site apart.

The other welding forums are easy to find... and find ways to improve upon.

Weld Talk (Hobart). Millerwelds (Miller). The Home Machinist (aka the Chaski board). WeldingWeb (aka where's waldo?) WeldingTipsAndTricks (aka WeldMonger)

Find what these forums do worst, and do that better.

Facilitate a forum environment where people find it easier get the information they are looking for, and to give the information they have.

Afford folks longer edit times for their posts, so that they can self edit, thereby increasing the quality and readability of the information they have to give, or to self reduce the snarkiness of what they may have said in the heat of the moment that tempers with time and second thought.

Be different.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
The 'good post' covers more ground than a simple 'like' in my opinion.
It suggest more of a quality or comprehensive presentation while perhaps the other leaves the reader wondering how to do that.