Grinder Stand

Lis2323

Good Post Points
You can adjust the height to match your mood.

Crank it lower when you’re feeling down.....

Good Post Points
Import drill presses, old craftsman table saws, old rockwell wood shapers -- all dirt cheap on craigslist these days and an excellent source of sturdy work stands and the old US made electric motors are first rate.

bplayer405

Good Post Points
The drill press stand is a good idea. I have one that was made out of a steel rim with a scrap piece of exhaust tube welded to the center, then 3" square tubing slid over the exhaust tubing with wide angle welded to the top for the table. The tubing could be drilled and pinned to raise the table height, but I've never had the need. Its quite stable and works well. Can add a pic later.

Old Irish

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln SW200,PowerMig 180, A/C225 with rectifier, 2 Chinese plasma, stick, tig- 1-Chinese stick w/hot start&arc force and 1 Chinese 205A mig

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
Oh shucks, an old truck tire rim (like 16 inch) and a length of pipe and your good to go.
Just weld, say, a 1/4 inch, say, 8 x 8 plate on top to host that grinder.
Maybe a shelf a few inches lower to hold your coolant and dressing devices.
All material should naturally be of found materials to be 'eco friendly'.

Aczlan

Good Post Points
Oh shucks, an old truck tire rim (like 16 inch) and a length of pipe and your good to go.
Just weld, say, a 1/4 inch, say, 8 x 8 plate on top to host that grinder.
Maybe a shelf a few inches lower to hold your coolant and dressing devices.
All material should naturally be of found materials to be 'eco friendly'.
I have a recycled hospital computer cart (found it on the side of the road), works great, has room for the grinder, a extension cord wrapped up and enough leftover room to add a 2nd grinder opposite the first one when I find a deal (current grinder is a ancient 3/4 HP Craftsman that is unstoppable), then I can have a coarse wheel, a wire wheel and a pair of finer wheels (or a finer wheel and a wet wheel if I can find the right grinder).

Aaron Z

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
Here's another Eco friendly source for you.

Bet over the last month I've seen a dozen office chairs out for pickup.
The basic structure just yells 'look, I'm an ideal grinder base'.

4-5 nicely placed feet and a vertical component that just need extending. Shucks if lucky the wheels might just be there if you wanted to be mobile.
Were it me and I needed a base I'd probably pull the ratty top off and leaving it there taking only the base.
(LOL, always have a few basic tools with me 'Just in case'.)

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
Have to try that one of these days, I have a baler flywheel (~4" by ~6" around the rim, a little thinner in the center).

Aaron Z
Use your tractor to put that where you never plan to more it. Sure would be a sturdy mount for just about anything.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
This week is 'big pick up' week.
Great shopping time.

Bed frames, check. (angle iron)
Batteries. check. ($25 ea at re cycle depot)
Odd lamp that has 3 legs (6 ft ea X 1") nice tubing!, check.
Nice big brass fire extinguisher, check, (but was gone when I came back).--- Drat!

Hey, priced the cost of steel recently?

Gary Fowler

Good Post Points
I live in the country and we get once a week pickup, each day is a different route for the garbage man so I am not sure where all he goes and when. But, no one throws away steel around here, they recycle it along with copper and aluminum if they dont hoard it like me.