H F Tractor Quick Hitch

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
I have a couple friends that have the Harbor Freight Tractor Quick Hitches, so I thought I would give it a try. A fantastic time saver for trading off 3 point hitch implements except a post hole digger or rear back hoe. It is actually a stout unit, and with a 20% off coupon, can be had for $80.. it’s set to cat1 dimensions, so you will need pin adapters for the implements you use. The only problem I have with the Harbor Freight unit is the top hook needs to be extended at least one inch. I extended mine 1 1/2 inches fir ease of use. A couple pieces of 3/8” flat stock with extension holes for the bolts.( see pic)

California

Good Post Points
Yes! The HF quick hitch isn't ready for practical use until you move the hook out to get some clearance from the chassis.

Speeco makes a replacement hook with 7/16" extension, about $30 from farm mailorder vendors. BoltOnHooks.com says theirs is 5/8" extension. $46 plus shipping. The Speeco does everything I need.

Here are a couple of pix. The Speeco hook, also I cut down a HF magnetic bar and stuck it on the top of the QH. It securely holds the adjustment pins I added and their little clips. No more clips lost in the weeds if I need to change the hook height.

603428d1557086833-uses-extra-quick-hitch-top-20190125_162235rqh-speecohook4-jpg

613928d1563755507-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-20190721_153609rmagnetbarweldedtoqhitch-jpg

The photos also show a forks assembly I cobbled up for a project that rides in the QH instead of on the usual pins. I've built a couple of projects with the QH as the foundation.

Last edited:

California

Good Post Points
Here's that rear forks assembly again, that I built from scrap on hand using the HF QH for the foundation. In this photo I'm using it to carry a different implement up to my shop.

I thought this would be light-duty but it hasn't bent in 10+ years use.

I've intended to weld an ammo can, or at least a bracket to carry it, onto the QH where that plastic toolbox is now. Never got around to it so far.

1591296209918.png

Bearskinner

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
I was thinking it may be a light duty unit as well, but have been pleasantly surprised no issues with it at all in 4 years. I only know of one person who bent one. He had a box scraper mounted, and was flooring it in reverse trying to break up ice on his driveway. Bent the heck out of the box scraper and the QH. Just a little bit of excessive use

Yomax4

Good Post Points
I have a couple friends that have the Harbor Freight Tractor Quick Hitches, so I thought I would give it a try. A fantastic time saver for trading off 3 point hitch implements except a post hole digger or rear back hoe. It is actually a stout unit, and with a 20% off coupon, can be had for $80.. it’s set to cat1 dimensions, so you will need pin adapters for the implements you use. The only problem I have with the Harbor Freight unit is the top hook needs to be extended at least one inch. I extended mine 1 1/2 inches fir ease of use. A couple pieces of 3/8” flat stock with extension holes for the bolts.( see pic)
I did the same with mine.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
Pretty good item. I've used mine for Logging, Brush Hog, Back Blade, Chisel Plow and Disc. No probs.

coupman35

Good Post Points
Welder
225 older lincon and Lincon Mig
I just got mine quick H on amazon it was 395.00 but it great I love it make playing whit the tractor much easyer. I also added a top link hydrolic cylinder that a other great add on