Inactive Miller Mig

Rrogers104

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln Mig wirematic 250
Have a 20 year old Miller Mig 220 (I think). Low hours. Moved years ago. Since move, been sitting unused in my garage for prob 6-7 years. Wonder if sitting like that - especially w/ moisture from roof leak at one time - could have damaged it? Haven't yet "wired" the current garage for 220, so I haven't tried to fire it up. Just wondering what anyone else's experiences might be and, if damaged, whether it would be worth repairing (I realize one needs to know if & extent of damage before they can estimate cost, etc).
Your thoughts?

Good Post Points
Welder
Syncrowave 210 , Millermatic 211
Something 20 years old Should fire right up as little to no electronics as compared to today's machines .
Just to be safe after getting garage wired up , turn it on outside 20' away from everything
Have circuit breaker off , plug machine in turn on machine then power on breaker so that way your faraway when
power goes on . take it from there

G-manbart

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Millermatic 252, Syncrowave 250DX, Miller Dialarc 250, Hobart Champion Elite, Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
I wouldn't worry a bit about it. Maybe pull the wrapper and blow it out with compressed air, check the input power connections for corrosion and then give it a try. I recently updated a Millermatic 35S that was made in 1973 and sat it's entire life in a pole barn without any climate control here in Michigan and it powered right up without problems. I converted it to a modern gun, but the power supply, fan, wire feed etc all worked just like it was supposed to.