Miller Welder Owners Report For Duty

Paul F

Good Post Points
i got this 1994 syncrowave 250 a few years ago to teach myself TIG, it was rusty outside but a solid runner.

Popgadget

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Dialarc 250
Dialarc 250 with Miller radiator
Hobart 300A AC-DC engine driven.
various sized Smiths OxyAcetylene torches

Calsdad

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Econotig, Miller 350P Mig, Miller Syncrowave 200, Miller Dynasty 200, Hypertherm Powermax 65
I started out with an HTP Mig 160 somewhere around 1992 or so. Then I bought a Miller EconoTig somewhere around 1995. In 2014 I picked up a new Miller 350P Mig - and have really been liking that. Somewhere along the line the HTP stopped working and I need to figure out what's going on with that and sell it on Craigslist or something.

In the last couple of weeks I picked up a Miller Syncrowave 200 for a good price on auction. I'd like to upgrade from the EconoTig. Then just a few days ago I got a great deal on a Miller Dynasty 200 at another auction site. Now I have to decide which one to keep between the Syncrowave and the Dynasty. I'm thinking the Dynasty is going to win because it's got much better power usage. But I've also heard they have reliability problems.

Miken

Good Post Points
Welder
At home I have a 240volt Miller buzz box. At work I have miller DC and Mig.
Miller 300-SP. AC
6d49b58c32df589904c5ba5c1376d05f.jpg
Hey Liz2323, this is the same machine that I have, only yours is a lot prettier looking.

Calsdad

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Econotig, Miller 350P Mig, Miller Syncrowave 200, Miller Dynasty 200, Hypertherm Powermax 65
I have a Miller Syncrowave 200 TIG machine that was built in 2006. I bought it used in 2008. It doesn't have all of the features of the inverter machines, but it does excellent welds and it's a very solid unit. I also have a Miller 252 MIG that I bought new about 6 years ag. It's capable of welding up to 1/2" plate and, with proper gas can do spray MIG. It's also good for sheet metal with .022 wire and the matching liner and tip.

In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with Miller machines, but Lincoln machines are also very good. Buy American whenever possible,

View attachment 97View attachment 98

How do you like your Syncrowave? I just picked one up on auction and it's currently headed my way - expect to get it next week. My biggest concern is that it's going to need more power than I can supply in my barn.

rwinsor

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
I have a Miller Millermatic 211 MIG Welder. Self taught and I have the problem of essential tremor (https://essentialtremor.org/) so I can't do a good bead to save my life. Frustrating but I still enjoy welding. I have to do a lot of grinding to "pretty" things up so I guess I'm a grinder rather than a welder. ?

ForeverFixing

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller 211
When I was ready to retire I bought a Millermatic 211 and a plasma cutter. I had watched others weld in the shop of the pulp mill where I worked for years and it has turned out to be a great hobby. I ran across a fellow selling a metal bender and a load of steel after his get rich quick scheme did not work. I added a Jet metal cutting band saw to the mix. I make use of a lot of youtube instruction and learn by mistakes as well. My first project was the rolling welder cart. Soon followed up by a welding table with a half inch plate top. 3/16 is still my favorite material but I am getting better at welding thin stock when I need to. Someday I may try a spool gun for aluminum. I will never run out of things to make. With the industrial look of furniture in style I am giving that a try now too. I bought a hardware set for rolling barn doors so I can see how they are made. Class is always in session around my shop.
20190403_120353w.jpg

axeman79

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Multimatic 215
If you've got a Miller welder, let's hear from you. :geek:
Miller Multimatic 215. I love everything about it. I can run it on 110 @ 15 or 20 Amps and on 220 @ 40 Amps. It is small and portable and is great for stick or Mig. the only minor issue is that it won't run a 6010 rod...but will run a 6011 just fine. I use if for general farm equipment maintenance. If you have equipment and attachments, a welder is an absolute must. I picked Mr. Haney as my avatar because I buy old equipment and fix it up. My significant other thinks I'm crazy but I get better quality for little and sometimes nothing.

Avman63

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller
Millermatic 211 Great little welder. Although I am not a great welder lol.20130622_115628.jpg

Last edited:

Calsdad

Good Post Points
Welder
I have a Miller Millermatic 211 MIG Welder. Self taught and I have the problem of essential tremor (https://essentialtremor.org/) so I can't do a good bead to save my life. Frustrating but I still enjoy welding. I have to do a lot of grinding to "pretty" things up so I guess I'm a grinder rather than a welder. ?

Sounds like you need to learn some G-Code and get yourself a welding robot!

drb1215

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller Multimatic 215
I have a Miller Multimatic 215. I've upgraded the tig torch to a CK Worldwide CK17 flex head and my pedal to a SSC Controls foot pedal.

Good Post Points
Welder
Millermatic 175
Millermatic 130 115v w/,023" wire, Millermatic 175 230v w/.035" wire, a Miller spoolgun to mig aluminum, Miller Bobcat 250 with an Onan gas engine rigged to run the 175 on the side,
also a Miller something 250 amp that I use for TIG or stick in the shop, last but not least, a Miller suitcase plasma torch, cuts up to .75" steel easily, love that little bugger.
Not that I am some sort of Miller fanatic, I like the Lincs & Hobarts too, just our preferred welding supplier is a Miller dealer.

Abrnth3

Good Post Points
Welder
miller matic 250, Eastwood 200
Running a Millermatic 250. Does a variety of projects from light weight sheet metal to 1/2" heavy gauge stuff.

Lis2323

Good Post Points
Another pic of the XMT (sorry) with a 351 Syncrowave and 350P.

Adjustments.jpg