Miller Welder Owners Report For Duty

welding seabee

Good Post Points
Old AC only Thunderbolt. Works great, paid $35 for it at a garage sale. Soon to be replaced by an old MW AC/DC machine. I had one before and it was a great machine. I bought this one at the Auction for $30 and it included a high frequency unit with TIG torch, cables, hose, and regulator. Not really into TIG so will probably sell cheap or give away with another 220A AC machine I have up for sale. I also have a Miller 250A Dial Arc I need to check out but need to install a 50A outlet. Probably sell it if it works OK, takes up too much space in my small shop and exceeds my needs. Bought it cheap. Yea I dabble in this stuff some, have several O/A sets laying around.

Ron

Ruddmanwelding

Good Post Points
Well lets see. Miller 61m ac stick welder. Miller bobcat 250. Countless miller accessories including miller digital infinity hood. But ive also used numerous miller welders and are my favorite. I bleed blue. Long live miller!

Earl Ohl

Good Post Points
I have a Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC. I love it! It's a good old machine. It works flawlessly.

chuckinnc

Good Post Points
I have a Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC very smooth for AC, I also have the popular Lincoln 225 ac tombstone welder. Strange that both are just AC buzz boxes with only a transformer and switch inside however the Miller is as smooth as a DC, much smoother than the Lincoln. Ain't the leads either, actually the Lincoln has larger 2ga and the Miller has smaller 4ga cables.

Lis2323

Good Post Points
Here is a pic of the biggest Miller I’ve owned.

Miller Maxtron 450.

5BE34608-7A3D-4751-8081-AF7DE98099B7.jpeg

Rosso

Good Post Points
I have a Wildcat 200. Perfect for farm work, fence building, and special projects. I bought it because of the 100% duty cycle and the fact that I could run it all day on a tank of gas.

flyerdan

Good Post Points
I've got a Millermatic 250 that I've had for a good many years. Also an old Airco 300 AC stick welder which is a rebranded Miller.

Lis2323

Good Post Points
Miller 300-SP. AC
6d49b58c32df589904c5ba5c1376d05f.jpg

zigeuner

Good Post Points
I have a Miller Syncrowave 200 TIG machine that was built in 2006. I bought it used in 2008. It doesn't have all of the features of the inverter machines, but it does excellent welds and it's a very solid unit. I also have a Miller 252 MIG that I bought new about 6 years ag. It's capable of welding up to 1/2" plate and, with proper gas can do spray MIG. It's also good for sheet metal with .022 wire and the matching liner and tip.

In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with Miller machines, but Lincoln machines are also very good. Buy American whenever possible,

MM252 3 small.jpgMM252 6 small.jpg

Lis2323

Good Post Points
. Buy American whenever possible,

[/ATTACH]

Nice combination of Miller welders

When you say buy American I assume you mean an American COMPANY as I am quite certain there are no machines made in America.

zigeuner

Good Post Points
Nice combination of Miller welders

When you say buy American I assume you mean an American COMPANY as I am quite certain there are no machines made in America.

So buy American whenever possible, like I said.

Would you prefer that I had suggested that people should buy Chinese whenever possible?

Lis2323

Good Post Points
So buy American whenever possible, like I said.

Would you prefer that I had suggested that people should buy Chinese whenever possible?

Not disagreeing with you at all. My point being there are no welders Made in America currently.