Mystery MIG Gun

Endmiller

Good Post Points
Hi To All
I am a long time member and have viewed many interesting posts here. This is my first. My brother in-law gave me this wire feed welding gun to sell for him, and I don't recognize it. Maybe it's a Miller? It looks heavy duty. It looks nothing like the gun on my old Lincoln PRO MIG 140. I searched the net for anything similar. I came up to a dead end. It has a number on it EN6097 but I'm not sure if it's related. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

20221209_124126.jpg20221209_124206.jpg

gears

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln SP175 Mig, Vintage Lincoln tombstone AC
It looks like a Binzel-Abicor to me. How long is it? I tried a 15' one on my SP175 and it was too long, I lost the umph of the 10' gun.

Endmiller

Good Post Points
Thanks for the replies, I did some more searching and I can find similar ones. I just can't seem to find an identical one. I will look around some more.

theebadboy2

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller and Hobart
I'd have to go through my paper work .. but .. that is my exact mig gun .. not bad for the $$ .. I use flux core and knureled roller .35 and have no problem pushing through the 15' !

Yomax4

Good Post Points
Aftermarket Binzel style handle with Miller front and back. Missing the screw on cap on the back. 2 pin trigger wires like most. Appears to be an ATTC Lightning or Tregaskiss liner. Threaded.

Endmiller

Good Post Points
Aftermarket Binzel style handle with Miller front and back. Missing the screw on cap on the back. 2 pin trigger wires like most. Appears to be an ATTC Lightning or Tregaskiss liner. Threaded.
Thanks for your reply, I have to admit that I am unfamiliar with most of what you said. Is there anyway that I can get some more info on that so I can sell it for my brother in-law. His family has fallen into tough times.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
Thanks for your reply, I have to admit that I am unfamiliar with most of what you said. Is there anyway that I can get some more info on that so I can sell it for my brother in-law. His family has fallen into tough times.
Just sell it as a replacement or spare gun to fit Miller and most Hobarts. Thing is these guns are pretty inexpensive on Amazon and E-bay.
Under $100.

OHIOJACK

Good Post Points
Well, I could use a 15' gun on occasion, what does he want for it? I am in Ohio, Where are You?

Endmiller

Good Post Points
We are in Maine. I just spoke to him. I told him that the price should include shipping. He said that he will let it go for $60.00. If you want it, I will ship it out tomorrow flat rate so it will have a tracking number. I never posted it on eBay. Please remember, it is missing a small part on the end where the MIG wire goes in.

OHIOJACK

Good Post Points
Let me get to the barn today, look at mine, and get back to you. I will see what is missing by looking at the picture. Thanks Jack.

Endmiller

Good Post Points
Hi Everyone
In my spare time, I found a close match for the MIG gun. It can be bought at Home Depot for just under $75.00. It looks like the brand name is Vevor. I want to get it out of my shop. Make a reasonable offer and it's yours. Flat rate shipping should be about $20.00.

cwby

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller/Everlast
Hi Everyone
In my spare time, I found a close match for the MIG gun. It can be bought at Home Depot for just under $75.00. It looks like the brand name is Vevor. I want to get it out of my shop. Make a reasonable offer and it's yours. Flat rate shipping should be about $20.00.

I like the photos on the Home Depot link. Makes it look like a real torch instead of a mig gun.

Endmiller

Good Post Points
Someone on that page made a comment about the flame coming out of the end of that (torch). It said.............. If a flame emanates from a MIG torch, something has gone terribly wrong. Was it a domestic or overseas graphic artist who added the blue flame to the Vevor's nozzle? No response was given to that comment / question.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
Someone on that page made a comment about the flame coming out of the end of that (torch). It said.............. If a flame emanates from a MIG torch, something has gone terribly wrong. Was it a domestic or overseas graphic artist who added the blue flame to the Vevor's nozzle? No response was given to that comment / question.
That same gun and pic was posted on E-bay so I sent them a message and asked how thick it would cut.
The reply was " it depends on how many amps." :unsure:

Endmiller

Good Post Points
I am kidding here. What's wrong with that answer? I'm sort of glad now that I didn't try to sell it on eBay.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
I am kidding here. What's wrong with that answer? I'm sort of glad now that I didn't try to sell it on eBay.
Most paid no mind to the flame but I just had to ask them. That's a pretty standard gun that comes on many of the low cost machines. It's a Binzel look a alike but I think it's made in China by Powerweld. Doesn't make it bad. Many of the graphics on the import products are done by folks who don't really understand exactly what the product does. E-bay would have been a quick sale on the gun mainly because there are many on there that look very similar. The Miller version would have sold quickly because Miller is popular here while most of the import machines come in with the Euro Connect gun fitting.