Picture of my oxy-fuel set up.

propane1

Good Post Points
My father bought this torch and regulator set about 45 years ago and he made the cart for it. He and I used it quite a bit over the years. He’s been passed away now for 25 years.

Noel

Attachments

• C53641D1-3156-4372-B4CE-924781527BD3.png
    C53641D1-3156-4372-B4CE-924781527BD3.png
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • 5965CA6F-080D-4C3F-91E1-EB6285012AEC.png
    5965CA6F-080D-4C3F-91E1-EB6285012AEC.png
    1 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Yomax4

Good Post Points
Judging by the torch knobs that is a Purox 202 or 275? Obsolete but a good torch. I'd keep it.

welding seabee

Good Post Points
O/A outfits still have their place. Great for in the field where power is not available and a repair must be done. The small tank outfits are handy and easy to pack around. The little MC size though uses up the gas quick if cutting or heating. On the small tanks through the B size acetylene it is easy to drag acetone out into the flame if using too large a tip. One big mistake of many is to use a # 2-4 cutting tip(s). The smallest size 00 and O will cut up to 1/2" and make a lot cleaner cut. I thing O/A is easier to learn and makes a good preparation for learning arc welding. With O/A you quickly learn molten puddle control.

Back in my earlier years in the pipefitting trade we used O/A a lot for 2" and smaller pipe. XH can be done in one pass eliminating the slag cleaning between passes, more than twice as fast to complete a joint. Don't overlook this skill if you do a lot of repair work. Then you are ready for soldering and brazing as well.

Ron

Weldorama

Good Post Points
Welder
MIG, Stick, Gas (OA)
welding seabee : "With O/A you quickly learn molten puddle control. "

Hear hear! I'm a long time non-pro personal project welder. self taught. Stared with OA 'cause I was introduced to it in junior high shop class. Got my own setup when about 25. It just made sense, perhaps I warmed to it as prior I did a lot of soldering. Puddle control is - for me - real easy because of the opportunities of using pressure of the gas flow from the tip to manipulate the puddle.
Since then I got a MIG and after some time can do decent with it. Recently I got a stick welder but haven't spent much time with it, and am challenged. But the OA gas has always and still seems intuitively easy...