What do you have for fire extinguishers. ?

dadz34

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln MIG 255 & TIG 175
I've always kept one handy, but you guys are making me rethink this...perhaps I need several more? Safety First!

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
In my shop I have a fairly large one.(10 lbs?)
Kitchen has a nice white one on side of fridge.
Basement 'hobby' room also sports one.
Smoke detectors on every level.
Guess to be well covered I should install one on my tractor as well.
LOL, we were heating my snow blower fan blades to straighten some bent blades and my synthetic garment suffered quite a burn hole when the red hot fan slipped.
Moral is never wear synthetics when welding.

Aczlan

Good Post Points
Have a water extinguisher, a 10ABC and a garden hose in the shop and a water extinguisher on the round baler.

Aaron Z

Dirt Guy

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller 211, miller 135, Eastwood tig 200, Lincoln Weldenpower Engine driven Arc Welder,
I agree with Piloon, Wear the right gear when you are welding. I wear my leathers anytime I'm welding, Mig, Stick or Tig ,I wear them. Caught myself on fire before and it is not fun. Try to get out of your clothes when their on fire and your skin is burning , no fun , let alone get to a fire extinguisher. In my shop I have three overhead doors ,two fire extinguishers mounted on the wall by each door ,In the welding area I have two more extinguishers, Then I have an area for my cnc plasma cutting table, here again two extinguishers. Ten fire extinguishers total, might be an over kill for a 1680 square foot shop, but I would rather be extra safe then sorry later. Lots of things can happen when welding or grinding. Be Safe, have the right gear and several fire extinguishers close by where your working , you never no what might happen.

Yomax4

Good Post Points
I have tin walls and roof but routinely fight shop rag and garbage can fires. I should be more careful but for some dumb reason I'm not.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
I agree with Piloon, Wear the right gear when you are welding. I wear my leathers anytime I'm welding, Mig, Stick or Tig ,I wear them. Caught myself on fire before and it is not fun. Try to get out of your clothes when their on fire and your skin is burning , no fun , let alone get to a fire extinguisher. In my shop I have three overhead doors ,two fire extinguishers mounted on the wall by each door ,In the welding area I have two more extinguishers, Then I have an area for my cnc plasma cutting table, here again two extinguishers. Ten fire extinguishers total, might be an over kill for a 1680 square foot shop, but I would rather be extra safe then sorry later. Lots of things can happen when welding or grinding. Be Safe, have the right gear and several fire extinguishers close by where your working , you never no what might happen.

Don't laugh----------
Many years back (using my DIY welder) I was welding on the bottom of a trailer so it was inverted and tilted towards me for ease of welding.
Making it worst I wore shorts.
As I was welding naturally some sparks would roll down towards me0 and guess where they ended up!
I'll put it this way, I came close to being hot castrated!
Now that hurt!

A lesson learned (the hard way)