Any Hobart Welder Owners?

MC

Administrator
Staff member
Good Post Points
Somebody told me to add this section so I'm thinking there should be at least a few Hobart guys here.

sonny580

Good Post Points
I used to have a 200 amp Hobart that had a 15 horse electric motor wound inside but was 440 volt. --Hobart offered a stub shaft to power it with an engine so Dad hooked it direct to the transmission of a 39 Chevy truck cutoff he had at the time. The engine was the 216 and it worked good.

flyerdan

Good Post Points
Hobart Tigwave 250 that I got from a guy at work. Scrounged a Tweco cooler, a pulser and all of the goodies to get it up and running.

BigBlue

Good Post Points
I just got a Handler 210 MVP MIG welder. Used a Lincoln AC-225 stick welder for years, though not really that often. I just never got good at using it. Welded up a couple semi-significant projects with my 210 so far and I have to say I love MIG! Between the settings chart and a new auto-darkening helmet as well as not having to 'strike an arc' with stick I find it much easier to get a good weld. And not just a good looking weld. Still have plenty to learn but I'm liking it.

Rob

CA_Bgrwldr

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobarts
I have a Hobart 125, and 210 MVP. The 125 is now 16yrs old and has a good 1000hrs of run time on it, the 210 is 5, and has a few hundred, both have been issue free.

Cobraone

Good Post Points
Ironman230 here, very happy with it, I bought it for a major trailer repair.
I mainly used tig,O/A, and stick. But learning mig now, as with most welding it’s all about the settings and cleanliness, I guess the biggest advantage to mig is the speed you can lay down a bead

joedaddy

Good Post Points
During the years I working in fabrication I used about every brand. When our company began switching over to wire machines in the mid-70's they went with Hobart and for years thats all we had in the shop (over 100 welders) In the 90's they switched to Miller. I know they're made by the same company but I still favor Hobart machines and I have a Handler 180 at home but still have an old Lincoln AC220 that my father & I bought in the early 70's.

Fedup

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart Lincoln
Mine is an old G213 welder generator. Yes, it's old, but like me it's still working. For tinwork I have an old Lincoln SP100 wire feed.

Lattimoreboy

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 210
I have a Hobart 210 MVP and so far I rally like it. This is my first attempt with mig welding (I grew up with stick and Oxy/Acetylene) And so far so good.

Sherwood

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart handler 140 , Harbor freight
I have a handler 140 that needs a new liner. It was given to me so until i can get the liner fixed im using my Harbor freight .

hkstwn7

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln ideal arc 250, hobart handler 120
Somebody told me to add this section so I'm thinking there should be at least a few Hobart guys here.
I have a handler 140, been a great machine. saved me lots of work and money over the years.

MotorCityBear

Good Post Points
Looking for my first welder.

Trying to decide between the Handler 140 and the 210MVP.

I will be a hobby welder, maybe some light tractor, utility trailer or maybe auto welding.

any thoughts?