Press Brake

Dozerash

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 210, Primeweld 520, Miller Thunderbolt, Wards 230
Anyone build a press brake for a 12 ton hf press? They look fairly simple to build . Looking for ideas. Thanks

dave_dj1

Good Post Points
I built mine a few years ago, 19.5" wide. I used a piece of 6" x 3/8" flat bar which I beveled the edge for the knife, a piece of 2.5" x 1/4" angle for the die. I have a 20 ton air over hydraulic jack to run it. I can get a pic tomorrow if you would like, it' not fancy but has been used a lot, I built a swinging arm to support longer things, I have pressed bushings out of leaf springs, changed u-joints and made a slip on 4 way wedge for my log splitter. Sometimes it's scary listening to it groan!

Dozerash

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 210, Primeweld 520, Miller Thunderbolt, Wards 230
I built mine a few years ago, 19.5" wide. I used a piece of 6" x 3/8" flat bar which I beveled the edge for the knife, a piece of 2.5" x 1/4" angle for the die. I have a 20 ton air over hydraulic jack to run it. I can get a pic tomorrow if you would like, it' not fancy but has been used a lot, I built a swinging arm to support longer things, I have pressed bushings out of leaf springs, changed u-joints and made a slip on 4 way wedge for my log splitter. Sometimes it's scary listening to it groan!

That sounds like just what I want to build! Post some pictures if you can.
Thanks

Viny

Good Post Points
Welder
Miller 211
As an option, if you don't want to start from scratch, Swagoffroad.com sells kits that you assemble. I got the 20ton kit and love it. Good luck!

jjef

Top Poster Of Month
Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 210, lx 235, Lincoln 140c
Here's mine I built for for 20 ton hf press made with pretty heavy duty cutoffs.

Attachments

• KIMG1513.JPG
    KIMG1513.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 25
  • KIMG1512.JPG
    KIMG1512.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 26