***Win a Welder*** May 2020 Contest

Keithwelds

Good Post Points
Welder
Telwin 250amp
New member from Ireland, shipping a new welder here will take months, so if I win the gift card I'll be happy. Keep the fire lit and stay safe.

• Good Post
Reactions: MC

RonG

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln stick
My 50 year old Lincoln could use an upgrade,....Ha!Ha!
I wouldn't know how to use these modern self welders.

• Good Post

Wolfman

Good Post Points
Welder
Hoping to determine what to buy from your site.
I learned to weld over 30 years ago and I am now semi-retired and doing a little farming, I am wanting to buy a welder and I know systems have shanged since I leared to weld. Looking for recommendations from any of you, I want to be able to weld farm implements for my tractor. I appreciate any ideas.

RenoHuskerDu

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln stick, so far
I recently bought a CV250 Lincoln welder through an online auction, not realizing it was three-phase. I don’t have three-phase power. Anyone want to buy it, and the LN-7 wire feeder for a steal?

Here's a good vid on the concepts you need. You can also generate 3ph with a spinner motor that just idles.

• Good Post

fastfreddy

Good Post Points
Welder
Wilson Wasp AC/DC Stick and Lincoln Electric MIG
I recently bought a CV250 Lincoln welder through an online auction, not realizing it was three-phase. I don’t have three-phase power. Anyone want to buy it, and the LN-7 wire feeder for a steal?
I've been running my 3ph 5hp air compressor with the same phase converter for nearly 20 years without issue, but as Dave says, make sure it has enough capacity to match the load of your welder at full amperage. If I set the amperage on my old Wilson at the highest, the converter will drop out when I start welding.

MikeNSr1948

Good Post Points
Welder
Lincoln
We are excited to announce our first ever WeldingSite contest!

Starts now and ends May 31, 2020...

1st Prize: $500 toward the welder of your choice!
2nd Prize: $100 amazon gift card!
3rd Prize: Rapicca Welding Gloves (3 winners!)

There are FIVE ways to enter and each person can earn up to 15 entries!

1. Join weldingsite.com +1 entry (Existing members entered automatically)
2. Post a project THREAD (active, completed, or planned projects are allowed) at weldingsite.com +2 entries
3. Refer a new member to weldingsite.com +3 entries (click here to get your referral link)
4. Post a Link to WeldingSite on your Facebook page (after posting, reply to this thread or PM me a link to your profile to verify) +4 entries
5. Post 10+ messages to weldingsite.com in May 2020 +5 entries

Total if you do all 5 things = 15 entries!

Let the games begin!!!

View attachment 259

Contest Rules:

No purchase is necessary to participate. The maximum number of steps required to complete your participation is one (account registration at www.weldingsite.com). The maximum amount of money you will be asked to pay to participate is $0. The maximum amount of money the winner will be asked to pay to receive the prize is $0. The contest will terminate on May 31, 2020. The prizes will be sent out within 14 days of contest termination.

Must be 18 years or older to enter. Contest is not affiliated with Amazon, Facebook, Rapicca, or any other company other than www.weldingsite.com. Contest Ends May 31, 2020 and all entries must be received by May 31, 2020.

Cost of shipping prizes outside of the United States will be the responsibility of the winner or the winner may select a cash value prize to be delivered via paypal as follows:

First prize: US$500
Second prize: US$100
Third prize: US$20

Winners will be selected on June 1, 2020 using the following method:

Each entry will be assigned a unique numerical code and attached to the entrant's WeldingSite.com username. A drawing of these unique code/username combinations will be used to determine winners. For example:

01username
02username
03username
04username
05username

After a number/username is drawn as a winner, all entries containing the winning username will be removed from the drawing lot. The maximum number of prizes each person can win is one.

One (1) entry code will be given to each person who registers a user account at www.weldingsite.com during the month of May, 2020. Limit one user account per person.

Two (2) entry codes will be given to each person who posts a project thread at www.weldingsite.com/projects during the month of May, 2020. Limit one eligible project thread per person. Any project threads removed by moderators for violating www.weldingsite.com rules will not be counted.

Three (3) entry codes will be given to each person who refers a new member to www.weldingsite.com during the month of May, 2020 using "your referral link" which is available at https://weldingsite.com/referrals/. Limit one eligible referral per person.

Four (4) entry codes will be given to each person who posts a link to any page on www.weldingsite.com on their personal Facebook page or a Facebook business page during the month of May, 2020. After posting, the entrant must either reply to this thread with a link to the Facebook post or send a private message to MC to verify the post and earn the entries. Limit one post per person.

Five (5) entry codes will be given to each person who posts 10 or more total messages (inclusive of posts and threads) to www.weldingsite.com during the month of May, 2020. Limit 5 entry codes per person. Any posts removed by moderators for violating www.weldingsite.com rules will not count toward the 10 posts.

A maximum total of fifteen (15) entry codes can be earned by each person for this contest, to increase their chances of winning.

You must be a WeldingSite.com member to participate.
I have enjoyed welding thing for myself and making small repairs. I am planning on building some useful around-the-house gadgets this summer. I do need more "training" in order to do a neater job. Looking forward to being part of the website.

Bigworm

Good Post Points
Welder
Mig
New member here. I like to stick pieces of metal together for tractor equipment repairs and project. I have been doing it for a while but I'm no welder.

PILOON

Good Post Points
Welder
Hobart 200 stick
Hey, count me in for a new welder.
LOL, I won on TBN one time and need to renew that pace.

• Good Post